Thursday, August 09, 2007

Schubert's Wanderer Fantasie


This is music for brave people...
I mean, not only to play, but just to listen to! You have to be ready for cold winds, virtiginous heights, the most moving melodies and the darkest forces, all together in an incredible journey inside Schubert's crazy mind.
It really started to catch me some weeks ago, and now I'm struggling on the most difficult bits, like the one in the picture. I don't know if I will ever be able to play this music properly, but I'll try...
For those who want to listen to it, I suggest Maurizio Pollini's performance.
As soon as I can, I'll post my attempts on youtube or as mp3s...
See you soon!!!

2 comments:

Mr Harte said...

Alfredo,
You are the Tenzing Norgay of the piano.
I've been listening to him recently since you told me about him.
Can't wait to hear your recordings

alf said...

I have no words to express my gratitude to you.
...by the way, I saw Skunk Fu on the Kids Warner Bros website!Yayy!!!