Monday, March 10, 2008

something funny

In 2004 I had the pleasure to be involved in a TV movie about the italian Risorgimento events in 1848. I played both the roles of an Austrian soldier and... an italian revolutionary. It was big big fun, especially because I have never dreamt about being an actor, so I was very relaxed and enjoyed it a lot.
The movie aired some months later on the main italian TV channel RAI UNO, I recorded it but lost the VHS. Some days ago I found the DVD on ebay and bought it.... here's some funny stills. Please don't laugh too much..



Here is me as Austrian soldier shooting the italians..

Copyright RAI Fiction 2004


And here is me as italian militant, at the piano, teaching the national anthem to the comrades, to stir them up a bit..hahaha.

Copyright RAI Fiction 2004

7 comments:

Shuku said...

Nice, NICE costumes! How fitting, that you should be at the piano :)

--Shuku

alf said...

hehe, yes very nice.. and heavy!
And you know, originally I was supposed to be only an Austrian soldier. But one day they were shooting inside an ancient palace. During a long break while they were setting lights and cameras, I found a room with a piano and started playing a bit. Some day after, they called me back saying "we need a pianist for the next scene, and we know you can do it". So that's how I passed to the other "team"...

Mick said...

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaar brilliant. That's just great stuff man. Oh dear that made me grin... our 'fredo the bigshot movie star. Brilliant

Shuku said...

The joys of being a pianist, and therefore versatile! Yes, I can just imagine how heavy and hot the costumes would be. The good thing is that they're nowhere near as massively heavy as Chinese opera costumes? The headpiece alone adds about 10 pounds to bodyweight...

--Shuku

a.g.barrows said...

Traditore! L'esercito asburgico non perdonerĂ  questi atteggiamenti tanto facilmente, e a costo di infilare qualcuno dei nostri dentro un mandolino o in un piatto di spaghetti, verremo a prenderti!
Lunga vita all'Impero Austro Ungarico!

Tzè, sfacciato, prima gli spara poi va a suonare il loro inno...
ma roba da matti...

alf said...

il doppio gioco e' stato la cosa piu' intrigante, infatti...

joost said...

woohoo
you are famous?
you didn't tell me that!
this is great